Having trouble with your gateway connection? If you've plugged in your gateway but there's still no data in your account, this article will show you a few simple steps you can follow to try and get it online.
The Conserv gateway is the powerhouse behind our system. Once it's online and connected to our system, your sensors can start sending that data to your account. If you've plugged in your gateway and it doesn't seem to be working, the following questions and steps may help.
1. Is the gateway plugged into a working power source? If you suspect your power source isn't working, you might need to try a different power outlet. Also, make sure the barrel-shaped battery connector is fully seated in the gateway.
2. Is the gateway plugged into a router or network? If so, make sure the ethernet cable is fully seated in both jacks. If this is the case and it's still not connecting, you may want to check your network connection.
3. Do you have good cellular coverage in the area where you've placed your gateway? Our gateway has a built-in SIM card so it can connect using cellular data. If cell coverage is not great in your area, you may need to rely on a network connection using the ethernet cable provided in your Conserv package.
4. Is your antenna screwed in tightly and not loose or otherwise improperly attached?
5. Where is the gateway located in your building? You may need to relocate your gateway to a more central location so that the signal can reach your sensors.
If you've tried those steps and you suspect your gateway is still not connecting, you might need to do a full reset. It's a very quick process - all you need is a small phillips screwdriver. Here's how it works:
1. Unplug the gateway from the power
2. Use a screwdriver to remove the back panel
3. Remove the backup battery (by disconnecting it with the base)
4. Wait 15 seconds
5. Replace battery and cover and plug back in
If you've gone through all of these steps and you're still having issues with the connection, please Create a Support Ticket for assistance.
Tip: When you send us your support ticket, it is very useful for us to know which of these steps you have already tried and if there were any flashing lights of different colors while you were carrying out your troubleshooting.
You can now check your gateway's connection through your Conserv account! On your Sensors dashboard, each gateway will now have its own status card at the bottom of the page. Once a gateway is connected, it will update automatically to reflect its status as "Connected."
Below the connected status you will see how the gateway is connected "Connected using" followed by either Ethernet or SIM. This will allow you to know how the data is being transmitted well as its strength.
If you are seeing a Status Unknown with a question mark next to it, please read this article.