If your sensor isn't reading and you've tried a normal reset with the button and the blue light isn't flashing
If your sensor has stopped reading and it's not a range issue or a gateway connectivity issue (if you have questions about this please ask first), you might want to try a normal "reset" first with the button on the back. If you've tried that and are not seeing a blue light flashing then there is an option to try a hard reset of the sensor. This is a last resort option and we encourage you to reach out to us first if you haven't already!
- Unscrew the backplate of the sensor
- You'll note two batteries facing the same direction (please note this direction as it's crucial that they go back in the same way).
- Lift both batteries out far enough to break contact with the electric node for at least a few seconds
- Replace the batteries
- If the blue light flashes, go ahead and replace the back plate (be very careful not to pinch any cables when re-assembling)
- If it doesn't flash - let us know! (probably not a bad idea to screw the back on to keep the components safe in the meanwhile)