Keep your HOBO MX data loggers and use Conserv's free environmental monitoring software — Here's how.
Collections are getting much better results switching from HOBOlink to Conserv's free environmental monitoring software.
Short story, you can keep your HOBOs and use a software platform designed for preservation.
In this article we'll review how to import HOBO data from HOBOlink and the HOBOconnect mobile app into Conserv.
💡 If you're importing many files at once, make sure to ask about our multi-file import feature. You can import up to 20 HOBO files at once with just a few button clicks.
Exporting Data from HOBOlink
It's only a few button clicks to export your historical data from eClimateNotebook.
- Login to HOBOlink and navigate to the "Exports" tab in the "Data" tab
- Click on the "Create New Export" button.
- Name your export - It's a good idea to create a meaningful name before you export.
- Choose which data logger you want to export. You can choose all of your data loggers at once.
- Click the "Export Data" button to download your csv.
💡 Make sure to choose the Text CSV format instead of the HOBOware CSV format. It's much simpler to import the Text CSV format to Conserv.
💻 Here's what the "Export" screen looks like in HOBOlink.
Exporting Data from HOBOConnect
If you're using the HOBOconnect mobile app to pull data off your MX loggers, you have the option to skip HOBOlink.
INSTRUCTIONS COMING SOON
Importing HOBO Data into Conserv
We've designed Conserv so that you can directly import HOBO csv files with no hassle. Once you've got a csv file, here's how you import it to Conserv.
- Login into Conserv Cloud and navigate to the "Import Data" area
- Click on the "Start New Import" button.
- Select "Onset" as your sensor type
- Continue through the import process
💻 Here's what the "Import Data" screen looks like in Conserv
⚠️ Our goal is to have a completely hassle-free import process, but if you're having issues please reference our knowledge base article "Common Challenges with Conserv Data Import".
Create a Support Ticket
Hopefully this article solves your import problem, but if you're having import issues and feel like you need more support just let us know by creating a support ticket here.